1924 -Chicago Northside was formed with 20 members meeting for the first time September 21, 1924. The Church was officially organized the following year.
1932 – Rev Albert Schneider arrived and the first year doubled the Sunday school attendance. Although it was the Great Depression our first building was purchased at Greenview and Byron in 1933. After much work it was dedicated in September 1940. The mortgage was paid off and burned in 1943.
From 1937-1947 tent meetings were held from July through Labor day. One year they extended to Christmas.
1971 – We outgrew our building so in November 1971 we purchased our current location and after a year of hard work we moved in.
1974 – Rev Parker and pastor Kim began a Korean church that met at Northside.
1981 – Rev Suleiman Rihani started an Arabic church at Northside. They planted several Arabic churches.
1984 – Chicago First Spanish was formed at Northside with Rev Alfaro. It quickly outgrew our building and in 1992 moved to a building on North Ave. They have planted other churches.
1986 – The Vietnamese Church, The Laotian Church and The Filipino Church were sponsored through Chicago Northside Nazarene.
Over the years a number of members of Chicago Northside Church of the Nazarene went into ministry or to the mission field and our outreach has been worldwide.
We have remained in the city to meet the needs of many people and cultures. Our prayer is that God guides us in our next steps to continue our service to Ravenswoodand the surrounding neighborhoods. We have a long history and are excited about what and how God is going to write the next years of our history.